Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Things I want to remember...

from Christmas 2009
A favorite Christmas card from a former neighbor Jeness Balmforth. I miss Jeness, we picked chokecherries together and made jam. I helped her pull weeds in her amazing garden. I enjoyed our long talks. Another favorite Christmas card from my neighbor Cindy Horrocks.
I want to remember Mark reading "The Christmas Sweater."
I want to remember how happy Tim was when I surprised him Christmas morning with my homemade cinnamon rolls. They were followed by bacon, sausage, hash browns ~ all his favorite breakfast foods!
I want to remember how blessed we are and the joy that comes in giving gifts.We have had a few ups and downs this year so I told the fam that they would get 3 gifts this year. I said that baby Jesus got 3 gifts and if it was good enough for him, it would be good enough for us!
Time to open our gifts...
Tim will enjoy reading several news books and watching Battlestar Galactica!
For sure I will remember the darling shoes I got from Mark and Tiff (brown) and Tim (black and white) because I will be wearing them often. And I love the book Chris gave me!
I want to remember Chris' face when he saw the book from his mission president.
President Larkin asked the missionaries in the Taiwan Taichung mission to write their "miracle stories" at the conclusion of their mission. I know Chris will treasure this book.
President and Sister Larkin also complied this book with parables taught at Zone Conferences. Some are originals written by President and Sister Larkin.
Chris really checking out his new shirt! Mark's turn...
I want to remember how happy Tiffani was when she saw her new Kitchenaid mixer...
and the smile on her face when she opened her gifts from Mark!
I will always remember the sweet reaction when Tiff saw the book I made for them.
This book was so fun to make. We do indeed celebrate their first two years together!
Tiff and Mark really seemed happy about the new Flip video camera!
More gifts from Mark.
And yes one more from Mark!
I want to remember Tim sending Mark and Chris on a scavenger hunt for their last gift. He did this often when they were younger and they loved it. Tim is so clever and some of the clues stumped them. Chris managed to find his gift after about 20 minutes. Tim renewed his gym membership and Chris was very grateful!
And Mark finally found his new Red Ryder!
All that preparation for a moment that comes and goes so quickly. I will remember the cherished moments, the laughter and celebrating Christmas together with a family I love.