Saturday, December 26, 2009

Candlelight Christmas Eve

A few of my favorite Christmas decorations...

While Chris was on his mission to Taiwan I went into the old Fred Meyer store to get a few things. It was during the Christmas season and I saw some gold ornaments that I liked. I noticed that every time I picked one up, in had a tag that said "Made in Taiwan." So I decided it was the year to have a "Taiwan Tree" to honor Chris. I still use the ornaments almost every year, they are some of my favorites.

I LOVE my Twelve Days of Christmas plates that Pam gave me a few years ago. I also love my Santa collection.

My sweet friend, Billie painted these reindeer for me. When I open the box, it always makes me smile.

Each reindeer seems to have a personality all its own!

I did simplify quite a bit this year but I think our home still looks beautiful and ready for Christmas Eve.

We always eat Christmas Eve dinner by candlelight.

We were excepting Lee and Johnnie Belle to join us. We were so sad that Johnnie Belle was not feeling well but very thankful to have Lee. We started the night with French onion soup and if I do say so myself... it was delicious! Tiff made a very yummy green bean casserole with fresh green beans.

Dessert was another favorite, creme brulee. You know Mark loves to get the torch out and heat the sugar on top!

Christmas Eve tradition ~ new jammies for Tim...

for Chris


for Tiff

and for Mark!

We had a wonderful night. I wrote a love note to everyone and after I handed them out, we played games. We ended the night by playing a few favorite Christmas carols on the"Music Maker" and singing along! I have had the Music Maker for about 20 years.

Tiff had never seen a Music Maker. She enjoyed giving it try.

I am so grateful for my family and the feelings of love that filled the night.