Monday, August 31, 2009

100 Years!! Homestead Book Entry #1

Next March it will 100 years since my Grandpa, Theodore Ernest Federer at the age of 23, left his home in Mason City, Illinois to file a claim for the so called "free land" out West. In March of 1910 he rode the train from Indiana to Cheyenne, Wyoming. In anticipation of this important anniversary, I am putting together a book as a tribute to the legacy he and Grandma left us. With the help of my Dad's brothers and sisters I will gather pictures and stories to document the amazing life they lived. How I love my grandparents. I continue to be influenced by their courage and examples. As a warm-up to "the book" I am posting pictures and stories about the Federer family.
Grandma and Grandpa Federer
56th Wedding Anniversary ~ October 23, 1971
Next week ...
Great-Grandpa Federer ~ Johann Ludwig "Louis" Federer