Monday, June 22, 2009

Quote for the week

Several years ago I adopted this as our family motto.

President Benson has spoken of no empty chairs in our eternal home. "God intended the family to be eternal," President Benson has said. "With all my soul, I testify to the truth of that declaration. May He bless us to strengthen our homes and the lives of each family member so that in due time we can report to our Heavenly Father in His celestial home that we are all there ~ father, mother, sister, brother. . . . Each chair is filled. We are all back home." (The Teachings of Ezra Taft Benson, page 493.)
On a shelf by our back door I have five Windsor chairs (Tim's favorite) representing each member of our family. Tim and I are never happier or more content than when we are all in our chairs, gathered around the dining room table. Thankfully Heavenly Father has made it possible for families to be together forever, where there will be No Empty Chairs.