Monday, June 15, 2009

Quote for the week

Valentine's Day 1984

Where are you goin' my little one, little one?
Where are you goin' my baby my own?

Turn around and you're two

Turn around and you're four

Turn around and you're a young man

Going out the door...

~ Nanci Griffith


For over two decades my #1 pursuit was raising my boys and trying to do that well. I loved every stage of their lives. They have given us so much joy. I know I didn't go to sleep last night and wake up 15 years later because as I have mentioned I have so enjoyed raising our boys and being a mother BUT wow the time did fly by. I looked forward to what lies ahead and the things we have yet to experience.
An empty-nester is someone whose:

a. birds have flown away
b. children have left home
c. savings have disappeared

Since Mark and Tiff moved out last week, Tim and I have had to adjust to being empty-nesters ... AGAIN! There are some good things about being an empty-nester but most of the time it is for the birds!