Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gwyn is 4 today!

I had to post a birthday wish for Miss Gwyn. She has brought joy to all those around her for the past 4 years.

When my niece Robyn asked me to crochet a blessing dress for her, I panicked because I had never done anything like that before. I really wanted to honor Robyn's request, well ... because I love her! So I let her look through my pattern books and prayed I could pull it off.


I used all the best materials I could find. The thread was imported from Germany and I made the slip out of Irish linen. I wasn't kidding when I said I prayed. I started over about 5 times and when I got to the bottom part called pineapples, that's when I really started to get worried.


But for my first attempt, it looks pretty darn good! I was so happy to make the dress for Robyn. I have many happy memories as I have watched Robyn grow up into an incredible woman. I went to many of her ballet recitals and one of my favorite memories will always be the week that Robyn, Kennan and Brooke stayed with us in Wyoming. Since I didn't have daughters of my own, it was so fun to be a little part of their lives. Thanks for sharing your sweet daughters, Pam (and granddaughters)!

Gwyn's Blessing Day ~ Summer 2005

A few weeks ago when we went to see Robyn, she told Gwyn that I made her blessing dress. Gwyn said, Where is it? Robyn said, In your closet, do you want to see it? I enjoyed a sweet moment with them as Robyn took the dress out of the closet. It was fun to see it again.

Happy, Happy Birthday Gwyn!