Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

"Michelangelo"
Christopher and Mark loved the "TMNT" - the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, "Hero's in a Halfshell!" They were a team of four turtle mutants who were trained by their sensei, Master Splinter, in the art of Ninjutsu. From their home in the sewers of Manhattan, they battled criminals, evil, and alien invaders. Chris really wanted to be Michelangelo. I made a lot of their Halloween costumes over the years but this one was way over my skill level. But knowing how much Chris wanted it, I bought the pattern and fabric and went for it. I was up half the night and was really struggling with the darn shell. Since I could not call anyone in the middle of the night to help me, I actually got down on my knees to ask for help. It worked and I pulled it off. Chris loved it, the kids at school thought it was cool - and more importantly the Mom's were very impressed!
Ready for the Halloween party at school
Barrett Elementary October 1990
"Mario"
Mark and Chris also loved the video game Mario Brothers. It was developed by Nintendo in 1985 and was an instant hit. Tim and I often played it with them! Mario, an Italian plumber and his brother Luigi, try to save Princess Peach by conquering eight worlds in the Mushroom Kingdom. They must make their way to the castle in each world and defeat one of Bowser's evil minions. Who thinks up this stuff? - (the Japanese)!! Inside the eighth castle, the Mario Brothers will find Princess Peach. As of 2008, Super Mario Brothers is the best game of all time, selling over 40 million copies. Apparently Mark and Chris were not the only ones who liked it! Doesn't Mark look so cute as Mario? I love the hat. He had his work boots on and of course, a hammer. It is so fun remembering the fun times we have had with our boys!