Friday, October 3, 2008

28 Years and Counting

It was my sister Roseanne who first introduced me to the gospel. It meant everything to me that she and Dad attended my baptism.
My baptism day - October 4, 1980
Today, October 4, I CELEBRATE 28 years of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I was baptized in Cheyenne, Wyoming by Richard Brown. My baptism was the beginning of a new life for me. I will never forget the emotion inside my soul, to be clean, to start fresh as a child of God - it was such a great feeling! I have had many good examples in my life, my parents and grandparents and I thank them for taking me to church and giving a wonderful foundation to build on. The missionaries called me a "Golden Contact" and it didn't take long to make the decision to be baptized. I know personally of the Savior's redeeming love. I am grateful to be part of an eternal family.

I will always have a special bond with Richard and Judy Brown. When I was investigating the church they invited to their home many times and lovingly taught me the gospel. It was because of them that I wanted to know more! It was an easy decision to have Richard baptize me! I still talk to them often and always visit them when I go to Cheyenne.