Sunday, November 23, 2014

Clean as a whistle and empty...

I volunteered to clean Mark and Tiff's former home. I knew it would be difficult for them to find the time to do it... oh maybe because they have a 1 month old baby, a 2 year old and a 4 year old, not to mention they are also trying to get settled and unpacked at their new home!


I cried several time while I was cleaning. I found a cheerio and a toy and thought of Cash and Colby. I remember Cash sitting in his high chair in the kitchen.


Many times I would come hold Cash 
so Tiffani could take a nap and have a shower.


After Colby was born I would come get Cash for the day so Tiff could nap and take care of Colby.


Mark and Tiff's room


The hall!


Cashee's room... I remember how fun it was to make the bedding for his crib. We were so excited to have our first grandson. I would read books with Cash, give him his bottle and rock him to sleep in this room.


Colby's room

This was Cash, Colby and Grey's first home.

I will always remember celebrating Cash and Colby's birthday's here. I will remember ringing the doorbell and hearing Cash unlock the door to let me in. I was always greeted with a big hug. 

I think buying your first home is an experience you will always remember. It's like any first --  first time riding a bicycle, your first kiss, your first serious relationship, your first apartment. As much as we remember our firsts, we also just as easily remember having to give them up for something else. Mark and Tiff have a beautiful new home now that they have worked hard for. Yes, I'm so proud of them. 

Last Saturday they said their final goodbye's, but will always have the memories that were made in this home. They are onto making more memories in their new home. I'm just so thankful it's just around the corner!