Thursday, July 31, 2014

TBT ~ Throwback Thursday... Marion George

I love this picture of my brother Marion. I think it was 1974 and as a young girl I remembering being so proud of Marion for serving our country. He left a new wife to serve a tour of duty in Vietnam. I don't think I fully realized the danger he would be in and to this day I am grateful for his safe return. He never talked much about his time in Vietnam, but when we were packing up Mom's house a few weeks ago, he shared a few stories. It was his 61st birthday on Tuesday so I called to wish him a Happy Birthday. Miles separate us but not the love I have for him. He is my big brother and I do love him.

Sadly 30 years earlier his named sake our Uncle Marion, (my Dad's brother) did not return from serving in WWII. He was killed by friendly fire. So many men and woman have fought to preserve our freedom, and I am grateful.


They both were darling babies...

 My brother, Marion

Uncle Marion